CNC Operator/Workshop Assistant
Established in 2013, RDD is based over two sites in Leicester and Sheffield. RDD is one of the leading providers of design development and manufacturing services for the retail industry. With 30+ employees we need additional CNC Operators/Workshop Assistants to complete our team in Leicester.
Working closely with the Design and Development team, the key role of a CNC Router Operator/Workshop Assistant is to manufacture POS display units. This can mean anything from fabrication and assembly work as part of a prototype unit to batch run manufacture. Working under the Production Manager this is a key role to ensure the factory runs efficiently.
A strong team member, the CNC Operator/Workshop Assistant will work alongside other members of the team within the business as well as external clients and suppliers.
Reporting to the Production Manager and Workshop Supervisors, the CNC Router Operator/Workshop Assistant will be responsible for:
- Operating the CNC Router and other machinery as delegated by the Production Manager
- Undertake tasks related to the production of prototypes/components
- Assist in the maintenance of the machine shop and surrounding area
- Maintain tidy workshop and yard, including stock areas, machines and ensure areas around them are kept clean
- Assist the receipt of deliveries of stock and equipment
- Assist in the preparation of projects for delivery
- General tasks as delegated by the Production Manager or Workshop Supervisor
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as CNC Router Operator
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Good communication abilities
- General Terms and Conditions
Base: Wanlip Street, Leicester LE1
Hours: Full time/40 hours per week; we operate morning and afternoon shifts
Salary Band: From £17,250 depending on experience
Bonus Scheme: Inclusion in the company bonus scheme TBC
Travel: You may be requested to travel to client sites throughout the UK; you may be requested to travel between our sites at Batten and Wanlip Street
No agencies please.